Sunday, December 3, 2006

Sunday December 3rd 2006 - Walter's first house league

(Backfilled in October 2009 due to impending closure of Geocities)

Today was Walter's first house league event! Since he doesn't yet do full runs, he did some recalls instead:

- First race: Did one recall only, in the warmup. No problems although I realized as I looked back at him that I had run all the way to the back of the run area, forcing him to run on his own through an area with a lot of activity on both sides of him. He looked somewhat nervous doing so (and I felt like such a goof for inadvertently asking him to do that) but he came straight to me and did some good tugging. Thank goodness he is such a good dog and forgives me for making mistakes!

- Second race: Walter ran recalls as the last dog in the line-up. I ran only a short distance past the timers and he did just great, preferring to tug than to get treats.

I was very happy with his performance and am inspired to continue working on his dead-ball retrieve!

No comments: